Benefits of food on this National Nutritionweek
National Nutrition week is a nutrition education and information week celebrated annually in September by 1st September – 7th September in India. The wellness campaign initiated by #Amira Pure Foods focuses attention on the importance of making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
Eating right doesn’t have to be complicated — simply begin to shift to healthier food and beverage choices. #DiscoverCreateEnjoy recommendations from the Dietary Guidelines can help you get started.
- Emphasize fruit, vegetables, whole grains and low fat or fat free milk and milk products.
- Include lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs and nuts.
- Make sure your diet is low in saturated fats, trans fats, salt (sodium) and added sugars.
Make Your Calories Count
Think nutrient rich rather than “good” or “bad” foods. The majority of your food choices should be packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber and other nutrients, and lower in calories. Making smart food choices can help you stay healthy, manage your weight and be physically active.
Focus on Variety
Eat a variety of foods from all the food groups to get the nutrients your body needs. Fruits and vegetables can be fresh, frozen or canned. Eat more dark green vegetables such as leafy greens and broccoli and orange vegetables including carrots and sweet potatoes. Vary your protein choices with more fish, beans and peas. Eat at least 3 ounces of whole grain cereals, breads, crackers, rice every day.
It’s no surprise that Rice is good for you. Following are number of benefits to buy Indian basmati rice, one can look at the stores or online food sites for the quality and varieties available.
The benefits of having basmati rice
- Thos who want to include high energy food in their regular diets should replace their normal rice with #Amira basmati rice. This rice contains more than 200 calories, and thus it can boost up your energy immediately.
- A good quality of basmati rice is a great source of carbohydrates. For example, a hundred grams of basmati rice contains almost 25 grams of carbohydrates and almost 2 grams of protein, which is very good for human health.
- The best part of this variety is they have very less fat. A bowl of basmati rice (measured about 200 grams) has less than 1 gram of fat. That is why, if taken regularly, there is not much fat intake in this rice. This rice is also not very gluten rich. Those who have diabetes problems can easily shifty to basmati rice as it keeps the glucose level in the human body normal.
- Basmati rice is the rich source of vitamins. They are a good source of thiamine and niacin. Presence of these vitamins in human body is very essential as vitamins keep the heart strong protecting from various cardiac diseases and also keeping the nervous system in control. In fact, they are good for healthy and glowing skin as well.
- Basmati rice is rich in iron. It has lot of dietary fibers in it as well which keeps the digestion system clear and help one to get rid of constipation.
This basmati rice is thus a preferred food item among most of the people as rice is the staple food.